8 Bathroom Habits That May Lead To A Greater Health Issue
In a common bathroom, only the toilet bowl contains 3.2 million bacteria. With bad habits, we can spread all these germs everywhere, even without realizing what we are doing. As a result, we may have acne-prone skin or stomach ache.
We are curious about what mistakes we make every day in our bathroom and how we can escape from them.
unhealthy bathroom habits
8. Shave the bikini area
It is natural to have hair in the bikini area. First, they contain pheromones that attract the opposite sex. Second, they protect you from foreign bacteria.
Also, when we to shave there, we can damage the skin a lot.
What we need to do:
- If you want your body to be totally clean there, use special women’s shaving equipment such as razors and shaving cream for intimate hygiene. Soap is not the most appropriate solution, since the skin is very sensitive.
- There are better ways to get rid of hair, such as waxing, for example. If you are interested in alternative methods, such as waxing, do not do it yourself, seek a specialist.
7. Use a loofah
using a vegetable sponge It’s only good when it’s new. It cleanses dead skin cells, which get on the sponge and stay there. Usually, when you’re done washing and scrubbing, leave the loofah in the bathroom. This is the perfect time for bacteria to grow.
Every time you put the loofah down after washing, the bacteria continue to grow. Then when you use it next time, the dirt will go back to your body.
- Replace it more often.
- Let it dry and don’t leave it in the bathroom.
- Use reusable items like washcloths.
- Don’t use a loofah, but exfoliate your skin twice a week.
6. Some stains are missing when washing your body in the shower
Your body is protected from bacteria and acne only when it is clean. And it must be totally clean. The area that we usually skips washing in the shower is the back, the scalp, the soles of the feet and behind the ears.
Get special brushes for these pieces that remind you that you cannot stop washing them.
5. Leaving the toothbrush on the counter
The bathroom is not the cleanest area of the house and it is better not to try to imagine how many bacteria live there. No one wants their toothbrushes to be attacked by germs, and many bathroom counters are located near a toilet, making it a risk area.
- Find a safe place to store your toothbrush away from the toilet.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 months.
4. Taking gadgets to the bathroom
Approximately 90% of people bring your appliances to the bathroom. Yes, we clean our hands, but we don’t clean our phones after a while in the bathroom. After that, we can take our phone with us during lunch and put it on a table.
If you are bored in the bathroom, keep a game in there. For example, it could be a Rubik’s cube, but still, don’t forget to wash it.
3. Use a face towel
Even if you have a special face towel, it can be very dangerous, especially for people with skin problems. Each time you use the same towel to dry your face and then leave it wet. This creates the perfect environment for the growth of bacteria.
- Use disposable towels. This will save your skin and you won’t need to wash any more towels.
2. Leave wet towels hanging in the bathroom
Moisture and bacteria make the bathroom the worst place to store towel. It’s not a good idea to hang it up after you’ve showered and dried yourself.
- Take your wet towel and hang it up in a cool, dry place, so your next bath isn’t spoiled by a bad smell from a wet towel.
- Change your towel every time you bathe.
1. Sitting in the bathroom for more than 15 minutes
Yes, sometimes we end up reading a book, playing games, or just sitting on the toilet too much. According to the researchersthis is not healthy because the extra pressure on these veins produces hemorrhoids which can cause bleeding.
- You should use the bathroom only when there is a real need.
- It is best not to carry devices or books to keep track of time, especially if you have hemorrhoids.
Did you find any useful information for yourself? What other bad bathroom habits could we practice without understanding that they are bad for us? Please share your comments below!