Vietnam Visa on Arrival: How to Apply and Validity: This document issued on arrival is required for all visitors who are not citizens of countries with a visa-free agreement with Vietnam. If you are traveling as part of a tour group, your tour operator will be able to help you obtain the appropriate visa.
Vietnam visa on arrival: how to apply and validity
A Vietnam visa on arrival is an important document that allows visa holders to enter and stay in Vietnam. It also allows holders to travel throughout the country without applying for a visa every time they want to leave and return. The following are some of the key benefits of obtaining a Vietnam visa on arrival:
- You can stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days, more than enough time to explore the country.
- The visa will allow you to visit all the major tourist destinations in Vietnam.
- You will not need a vaccination certificate or other medical documents before arriving in Vietnam.
- You will not have to pay any tax while in Vietnam.
Documents required to apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival
Documents required to apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival:
- A passport valid for at least six months after the intended date of departure from Vietnam.
- Your visa application form, which you can download from the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate website.
- Two recent passport-type photographs that meet the requirements specified in the visa application form (plain white background without shadows or reflections, 2×2 inches).
- A round-trip airline ticket or hotel reservation confirmation dated no later than 14 days before your intended departure from Vietnam. If you are traveling with a companion, you must provide proof of the relationship (marriage certificate, child’s birth certificate, etc.).
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Vietnam and any associated costs (eg entry visa fee, transportation)
Vietnam visa cost on arrival
The cost of a Vietnamese visa on arrival depends on your nationality and the type of visa you are applying for. The cost of a short-term single-entry tourist visa is currently US$30, while a long-term multiple-entry visa costs US$140.